Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Escape from the snow


We leave for Punta Cana in 4 days. Can't wait to get away from this cold snowy winter. I haven't blogged in awhile, but decided to get back to it to share all the stuff I've been working on, which has been a lot. I've been really busy knitting and mainly on Ravelry.com, but am feeling the urge to get back to sewing. It started with a trip to Purl Soho, dangerous place for me. I went there for Cascade 220 - in shades of green - for this afghan I am knitting. It's a pattern that my Grandmother used to make and it is her legacy. Everyone in my family has at least one. I felt the need to carry on the tradition - and keep her alive in my memory. It took some research to figure out the pattern, but it is pretty simple, 5 panels, alternating two colors. I've decided to do 5 different shades of green. Of course, while at Purl, I was drawn into the fabric section and decided I had to make a sundress for my daughter for our trip. I still don't have a pattern, I haven't been able to find a good simple sundress. Clean lines, very simple - in a tween size. But, I have spent hours trolling the sewing blogs and completely inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment